Did you see the new TPWD video and want to
help us protect and restore more prairie?
Did you know?
For a gift of:
$10 - You can protect one square foot of prairie
$50 - You can sponsor a family-friendly event on one of KPC's preserves
$100 - You can help us prepare 1,500 native seed packets to be used by our volunteer growers
$250 - You can support the creation of the new Prairie Discovery Center at Indiangrass Preserve
$500 - You can help cover the cost of materials for youth science and nature camps
$1000 - You can restore one acre of prairie wetlands for ducks, geese, and beavers
$1,000,000 - You can help us decide the future of the Katy Prairie!
The Katy Prairie Conservancy (KPC) is a 501(c) (3) nonprofit organization dedicated to protecting a sustainable portion of the ecologically sensitive Katy Prairie just west of Houston, Texas. Since 1997, nearly 18,000 acres of critical habitat have been conserved through our efforts. We are working toward attaining our long-term of at least 50,000 acres and creating a regional preserve/anchor park that will eventually extend all the way to the Brazos River.
Each year KPC works to:
1) conserve additional lands through acquisition and donation;
2) ensure permanent protection of lands on the Warren Ranch;
3) welcome visitors to KPC’s preserves and expand facilities to enhance the visitor experience;
4) interpret the prairie landscape through educational programming on our preserves, in schools and via electronic media on our website;
5) restore and enhance conservation lands, and
6) refine KPC’s master and management plans to ensure responsible stewardship of protected land.
If you prefer, you can also print and mail our contribution form with your personal check.